Thank you to Amelia for prompting me to think of a list of things that make me happy. Inspired by reading Amelia’s list, hubby and I took turns to make our own, whilst sitting in the garden one warm summer evening last week. What a great shot of contentment it generated – must remember to do this more intentionally when I need some happy juice to counteract life’s stress and blagh! Hubby came up with the most hilarious thing for his list… “That feeling you get when you fall asleep with your arm above your head, then go to move your arm and its all numb and flops onto your lap”. Ha ha! Love it!
So, in no particular order, here’s my list:
1. Looking intently at the moon and the stars, the wonder of the bigness of it all
2. Sitting round a fire with friends, whisky, guitar and song
3. The feeling of cool sand under your feet on the beach on a hot, hot summer night
4. My children’s laughter
5. Watching my children sleep
6. Falling asleep on my husband’s chest
7. That intense, eyeball to eyeball look of a baby taking in your face for the first time
8. The smell of tomato and geranium leaves (ahh…beautiful Italy…)
9. Huge, soft, fresh figs melting in your mouth
10. Total silence and stillness, (preferably at the top of a mountain).
11. The spicy smell of woodlands
12. A good foot and head massage
13. Running into the wind
14. Jumping into waves
15. Kids jumping into bed with us in the morning (not too early!)
16. Getting engrossed in creating something and losing time
17. Smell of salty, sea air
18. Making my own bread by hand
19. Walking bare foot and feeling the earth under your feet, particularly soil and grass
20. Sewing by hand, quietly….
….ahhhhh. What about you? Share you happy things in the comments or do your own blog list and link back so we can see and get more happy juice!