Oh my, I don’t know if my stars are lined up or what but the last couple of weeks have been worthy of some serious looking back and Celebrating!
|Gosh, I really should do a winter version of my toes!|
And so…here’s me celebrating…
|Sold! Great story behind this piece here|
- selling two pieces of mosaic art this week – yay!
- a new commission to make some gorgeous mosaic dragonflies for a garden
- a commission to do a 2 day workshop and a piece of public art with children in care. This is rather wonderful as I was a social worker and advocate with children in care until recently, so it brings two parts of my life together 🙂
- a really successful pilot of mosaic workshops at the Artyard. People really got the mosaic bug and were so complementary about the course that we have now booked another month’s worth of workshops!
- announcement that one of my students, Silvia, won the local round of the Topps Tiles Award for Achievement in Mosaics for her first mosaic ‘Starling‘. She now goes through to the national round. Well done Silvia!
|Silvia’s award winning first mosaic|
- I have been approached by a wonderful looking gallery and art education centre who are interested in my work. Exciting…!
- I have been nominated for a Stylish Blog award by the lovely Creating Trouble! Thank you so much…feel honoured. Head on over there to see some lovely art, cards, mosaics and quilting. Lovely to find another mosaic-lovin’ blogger in London too!
As part of receiving the Award, I have to tell you 7 things about myself, pass the Award onto 15 other blogs that I love and then let them know! Here goes:
7 things about me…
1. I love artichokes (mmmm….), and fish and rice and watermelon (my desert island foods)
2. I can say the alphabet backwards very fast (good party trick)
3. I wrote a book on the rights of children who are locked-up, which was widely distributed to young people in prison several years ago
4. I am a bit of a crooner…love singing and miss miss miss the choir I was part of BC (before children)
5. I spent part of my childhood in Southern Italy, in a beautiful seaside town called Marina di Ginosa, with the loveliest white sandy beaches and acres of vineyard
6. Van Morrison is my all time favourite musical artist – Irish mystic and musical genius
7. Yup, my hair is naturally curly.
And I award the Stylish Blog Award to the following blogs:
1. Dana Barbieri Art
2. Mosaic is Art
3. Sy’s Prints
5. The Prairie Girl
6. 101 Birdtales
7. Ordinary Courage
8. Beauty That Moves
9. A Little Hut
10. The Crafty Crow
11. Blue Sky Butterfly Studio
12. Marmalade Moon
13. Mousy Brown’s House
14. Kelly Rae Roberts
15. Makiko Hastings
So much I could say about each one – some newly discovered, others have been regular pit stops in my blog journeying – but safe to say that I have chosen these as they represent some of the wonderful ‘blog-homes’ of some amazing, inspiring women, each following their hearts, creating beautiful things in various mediums and struggling to balance creativity, daily life and -in many cases- parenthood. Thank you blog sisters. The Stylish Blog Awards, as I see it, are a sweet way of acknowledging each others goodness and giving others a chance to discover this goodness – so head on over as there’s a lot of goodness going on!
Handing over to you…to pause and breathe…and wonder… What steps have you taken that you haven’t properly acknowledged because of life’s busyness and the pull of the ‘to do’ list?